5 Types of Water Damage Testing Equipment: SERVPRO of Rutherford County
Because water damage can often reach areas you can't even see, our SERVPRO of Rutherford County technicians use several types of testing equipment to help you restore your property damage in Murfreesboro, TN and throughout Rutherford County "Like it never even happened." This equipment is used to analyze environmental conditions, test all types of building materials for potential water damage, and track the drying efficiency of the emergency water damage restoration process. Here are a few of the machines our team utilizes:
- Moisture Meters: Moisture meters are one of the most common pieces of water testing equipment. These meters such as the Dri-Eaz Protimeter SurveyMaster measure the moisture level of an environment or material and provide a digital reading on the device's screen. By using moisture meters, our technicians can quickly test whether any materials in your home are affected by water damage so they can then begin taking steps to dry them out. They are used to test everything from drywall, wood, siding, tile, insulation, carpeting, and everything in between.
- Voltage Meters: Because emergency water damage restoration equipment can require significant electrical power, voltage meters are used to ensure that the equipment is being operated safely. These meters measure the voltage of an electrical circuit and help our technicians avoid any potentially hazardous situations.
- Thermometers: In order to better understand how water damage is affecting different areas of your property, our team uses thermometers to take temperature readings both inside and outside of walls, floors, the air inside and outside of the affected areas, and more. Temperature is an important part of our local water damage restoration process because it helps our restoration technicians determine and control the speed of the water damage drying process.
- Infrared Meters: Because Infrared meters see temperature differences between different building materials, they are often used to scan for hidden water damage that might otherwise be missed. A common misconception about Infrared meters such as the Flir E6 is that they are used to see behind walls. This is not the case. However, our SERVPRO of Cherokee County technicians use them along with our other testing equipment to help demonstrate and determine the potential extent of water damage and required removal of affected materials. They can also be used to identify other existing electrical, mechanical, and building issues.
- Air Sampling Equipment: Air sampling is also an important part of the local water damage restoration process because it helps our SERVPRO of Cherokee County technicians identify and quantify any biohazards in the environment, such as mold spores, lead, pollen, insect parts, skin cell fragments, fibers, and inorganic particulates. By taking air samples inside and outside of the affected areas, our technicians and indoor air quality experts can determine whether or not specialized restoration processes are required.
SERVPRO of Rutherford County is here to help you restore your property damage "Like it never even happened." If you have any questions about our water testing equipment or the emergency water damage restoration process, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (615) 849-9794. We're always happy to help!